Designed in 1920 by Jules de Their and Henri Langlois Van Ophem, the original triangle-shaped course used public roads between the Belgian towns of Spa, Malmedy and Stavelot. The circuit was first used for Grand Prix racing in 1925.
Over the years the Spa course has been modified several times. The track was originally nine miles long, and was the fastest open road circuit in the world. It was shortened to four miles in 1979. Like its predecessor the new layout is a fast and hilly route through the Ardennes. Its most famous corners are Eau Rouge and Blanchimont.
Circuit website: www.spa-francorchamps.be